There’s nothing like a beautifully decorated front porch to help you- and your neighbors- get into the spirit of a new season. In fall, the possibilities for porch decor are truly endless. There are so many natural accents available that make great decor, plus fall plants and flowers are among the most amazing around.
At Blossom Flower Shops, we understand the importance of having a gorgeous seasonal front porch display. We want to help you make the most of your fall season with some tips and tricks for decorating you may not have thought of. Now is a great time to update your home’s look for the new fall season and bring the joy of fall to your friends, family and neighbors.
Share Your Fall Spirit With the Neighborhood
Quick Fall Makeover
Decorating with seasonally-appropriate decor is an important way to mark time and celebrate the inevitable change that comes with each season. Making small but significant changes to your home’s look is a great way to find inspiration for other projects. And in fall, the display of fun fall decor reminds everyone around that the holidays are approaching! We think you’ll agree that decorating for fall serves several significant purposes.
- Add festive fall spirit. Every season brings its own flair, and fall is no exception. With so much color, cooling temperatures and tasty treats are something to celebrate!
- Enhance your front porch. When you add colorful fall flowers like petunias or marigolds in giant pots or hanging containers, along with bright pumpkins and rustic corn husks, you enhance the look of your entire home. Don’t be surprised when everyone wants to stop by for a coffee in the cool weather once your porch’s decor is complete!
- Give your home a quick makeover. When repainting or remodeling your home simply isn’t on the schedule, a quick front porch makeover for the new season is a wonderful facelift. Since most decor is temporary, you can make new changes every few months to keep your home’s look fresh and exciting.
- Prepare yourself for holidays. In fall, the addition of chrysanthemums, gourds and hardy plants remind us of the coming holidays. Help your family and neighbors feel the anticipation of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hannakah when you add fall flair to your front porch.
Use Fun Seasonal Containers
Wooden Barrels with Mums
A quick, easy way to make your existing front porch more fall-friendly is to switch containers for flowerpots and plants. Using more rustic, harvest-inspired items for displaying your gorgeous blooms will lend a fall touch to your porch. Here are a few ideas we think you’ll love:
- Repurpose an old ladder: Lean an old wooden ladder against the side of your house and place our gorgeous Pumpkin Spice floral design along with mini pumpkins on the rungs of the ladder.
- Fill a wagon: A little red wagon evokes memories of childhood trips to the farm. Fill with pots of pepper plants or stack a few pumpkins inside.
- Stage a rocking chair: A comfy rocking chair with a flannel blanket tossed over the back in warm fall tones will add an inviting touch to your fall porch. Add a throw pillow in complementary colors to enhance the cozy design.
- Upend a wooden barrel: Nothing says “fall” better than wooden barrels displaying gorgeous fall lavender for all to see. For taller barrels, turn upside down and use as a tabletop for display. For low, wide barrels, use as a planter for your beautiful fall kale plants or a container for pine cones or gourds.
Get Creative With Your Fall Designs
Besides containers, the accents you add to your fall display will bring a bit of festive inspiration to everyone who walks by. Try a few of these ideas, or let them inspire some ideas of your own!
- Chalkboard: Instead of a typical front door wreath, hang a chalkboard sign that can proclaim any message you choose, like “Welcome Fall,” or “It’s Fall Y’all!” If you use real chalk, you can repurpose your board for a new message with every season.
- Blankets: The textiles and fabrics of fall are a great combination with pumpkins, corn husks and hardy fall flowers. Choose flannel and plaid or warm wool materials to adorn benches or seats for cool autumn evenings.
- Painted pumpkins: Instead of carving pumpkins, make them last longer by painting them with cute faces or fanciful designs. For even more fall flair, cut the tops, hollow out the pumpkin and place beautiful chrysanthemums inside!
- Contrasting colors: Choose porch flowers in hardy fall varieties with contrasting colors for an eclectic look. For example, deep burgundy mums will make bright sunflowers pop on a fall backdrop.
Your fall porch should reflect your personality and style, and there are multitudes of possibilities and combinations to choose from. Think of a few fall favorites then add to them as inspiration strikes. For more inspiring ideas and designs, talk to the floral experts at Blossom Flower Shops. We can’t wait to see your beautiful porch and we’re always happy to help you decorate with fresh flowers and plants for every season.