On February 17th, we will observe National Acts of Kindness Day. Recognized internationally on different dates, the day was the brainchild of a New Zealand native who had the simple idea that he could make the world better place, one nice gesture at a time. The concept caught on immediately and raced around the world like wildfire. And although we have one special day set aside on the calendar, many people have embraced a lifestyle of making people smile. At Blossom Flower Shops, we are privileged to see and participate in acts of kindness all year long – and we look forward to helping you find creative ways to celebrate this wonderful day.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
One of Blossom Flower Shops’ favorite random acts of kindness comes by way of one of our own customers. This gentleman comes into our shop several times a year and purchases two bouquets of flowers. He then gives one of the bouquets to the sales clerk who just sold it to him – and gives the other bouquet to a random stranger on the street. It is this very spirit that we recognize on Random Acts of Kindness Day. What else can you do to make someone’s day?
* Bake some cookies and drop off at the local firehouse.
* Surprise someone who always makes you smile – like the bank teller or grocery clerk – with a bouquet of flowers.
* Shovel your elderly neighbor’s driveway and walkway.
* Have a gourmet basket delivered anonymously to your office break room.
* Get a bouquet, and hand out single stems to random people you meet all day long
Whether you prefer spontaneous acts of kindness, or you plan them out carefully – February 17th is the day to show the world kindness, compassion, and generosity. Blossom Flowers Shops would love to help you pull off some beautiful gestures – just come on into our White Plains or Yonkers shop for inspiration.