Every day, most of us follow a practice routine. We have habits and appointments, rituals and schedules. Our days are sectioned out in day planners and organizers – but did you ever wish you could just break free for a few hours? August 27th gives us a great opportunity to do something “just because” – no rhyme, no reason, and no agenda. Whether you want to play hookey from work, indulge in a guilty pleasure at your favorite restaurant, or to surprise someone with flowers, Just Because Day is your chance. The team at Blossom Flower Shops thinks we all need a little more spontaneity in our lives!
Giving flowers is often tied to a specific event, milestone or occasion – so have an arrangement delivered “just because” is a gorgeous way to not only change things up a bit but to bring a smile to someone’s face – even your own!
Here are a few of our staff’s favorite ideas to make Just Because Day a success.
* Pack a simple lunch and go visit an elderly neighbor.
* Take a nap in the middle of the day.
* Send flowers to your child’s teacher.
* Leave work early and catch a matinee before going home.
* Drop off a thank you note and a rose to the barista who makes your coffee perfectly each morning.
* Bring some colorful balloons to a local nursing home.
* Buy yourself some flowers and brighten your home (write yourself a nice note while you are at it – just because!)
* Order two desserts after dinner. Our days are filled with tasks done for a purpose, or out of a sense responsibility. On August 27, you have permission do something impractical or unexpected – Just Because.
The designers at Blossom Flower Shops create floral arrangements for delivery throughout Yonkers and White Plains. They are sent for a variety of reasons, but we especially love flowers delivered “just because”.